One might have thought that after we released this comprehensive report on Friday, January 14, Arianna would stop lying about what motivated the Arizona shooter, and begin to deal with the documented reality. One would be very disappointed, because less than 24 hours later, she published an article and appeared on a CNN forum, and demonstrated three things:
- Her continuing denial of the fact that the shooter was not motivated by Sarah Palin, or conservatives, or the Tea Party, or anything having to do with politics.
- More evidence of her jaw-dropping hypocrisy regarding incendiary political rhetoric in our culture.
- An indication of her apparent belief that no one in the media will ever call her out for her malicious incitement of hatred against those she considers "enemies" --- or her laughable claims that HuffPost is a responsible, "nonpartisan" news source.
(1) Arianna Huffington --- the Internet's most prolific inciter and tolerator of hatred --- still falsely claims that the AZ shooting was the result of political rhetoric, and hypocritically urges respectful political discourse
Arizona Shootings: Our Moment of Silence Needs to Be Followed by More Than Just Lowered Voices by Arianna Huffington [Excerpts]
"[T]he atmosphere in which this horrible tragedy was born, nurtured, and carried to its wretched fruition is toxic. Of course, there are always going to be unbalanced people, just as there are always going to be viruses in our environment -- but what most determines whether those viruses make us sick is the strength of our immune system. When it is stressed and compromised, infections can easily take hold.
"And there is no doubt that our collective immune system is worn down, making us more susceptible to the kind of infection that turned that Arizona parking lot into a killing field. While there has never been a golden age in our democracy's history, there have been many times in which our national immune system was much stronger. [...]
"[I]t's time to recognize the obvious: our society is in danger of coming apart at the seams -- from our overheated political rhetoric [...]
"[T]here is a huge difference between passionately disagreeing with your opponents and crudely demonizing them, between considering them as adversaries to be engaged and treating them as enemies to be targeted. [...]
"Rage, paranoia, and division are not the only possible responses to the very legitimate anger millions of Americans -- on both sides of the political spectrum -- are feeling at the state of the country and the state of their lives. And the Arizona shootings put a spotlight on the need to redirect that anger, frustration, and despair, and use them to take action, and make life better for those who need help."
Read the rest of this swill here, keeping mind the following facts:
Fact: HuffPost is the largest, most widely-read inciter and tolerator of hatred on the Internet.
Fact: Contrary to its proclaimed policy of "nonpartisanship," HuffPost has engaged in a multi-year "journalistic jihad" of inflammatory, false and/or misleading allegations against conservative individuals & organizations, the Tea Party, the U.S. military, and Israel and Jews.
Fact: For years, HuffPost has been knowingly enabling, protecting and emboldening its radical leftist Moderators (1, 2) and users (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) to post open threats and solicitations of murder, in response to its incitement.
The following HUFF-WATCH reports provide the honest observer with a good starting point from which to discover the facts that support these contentions:
Beyond chutzpah: Arianna Huffington objects to PolitiFact claiming she tells "half-truths"
Beyond hypocrisy: Arianna Huffington accuses Fox of "inciting" hate
HuffPost's protection of the most egregious violators of its "policies" --- and its banning of non-violators, on a minute-to-minute basis
HuffPost vs the Tea Party: Which one *really* incites and tolerates hate speech & calls for violence?
The Stimulus And The (Approved) Response: Anti-Semitism and Israel-Hatred on Huffington Post
Will anyone in the media ever hold Arianna to account for these facts --- or her jaw-dropping hypocrisy in urging others to not do what she is most guilty of?
She apparently believes this is never going to happen, because on Jan. 15, she also had the audacity to appear on a CNN forum to discuss the Arizona shootings --- where she continued perpetuating her lies, distortions and hypocrisy, without an iota of push-back.
(2) On CNN, Arianna discusses the Arizona shootings ---- and no one, including the host, mentioned the fact that she is the Internet's most prolific inciter and tolerator of hatred
Keeping the above facts in mind, judge for yourself who's engaging in more denial: CNN's producers --- or Arianna, who appears perfectly comfortable at their denial?
There are only two things that enable Arianna to engage in this activity: the silence of "journalists," and HuffPost's roster of big-dollar advertisers.
You can help to hold her and HuffPost to account for their acts and omissions via the following Action Steps:
(1) Make your voice known to HuffPost's senior management and investors here..
(2) Write or call one or more of HuffPost's top advertisers, to let them know your thoughts on what their ad dollars are enabling.
(3) Forward the link to this article to others that you think should be aware of it.