Note: HuffPost is now the world's #1 most-read online "newspaper." It attracts nearly 15,000 unique visitors per day from the three incubators of Islamist terror: Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Egypt. Details here.
On January 10, 2013 we were alerted by our friends at HuffPostMonitor to HuffPost's latest false, inflammatory smear against American soldiers: its front-page "news" story that claimed a picture depicting civilian carnage was caused by U.S. drone strike:
Clicking on that link led to this story page, with an enlarged view of the civilian carnage, which HuffPost alleged was caused by a U.S. drone:
Just one problem: the civilian carnage in the picture was not caused by a U.S. drone strike --- and HuffPost knew it when it decided to publish the story.
How do we know this? Because when one "mouse-overs" the picture, this is the caption that comes up:
"Pakistani police officers and local residents gather at the site of bomb blast in Quetta, Pakistan, Thursday, Jan. 10, 2013. (AP Photo/Arshad Butt)"
As you will see below, this was not a journalistic "accident," as HuffPost's senior management likes to contend when it is caught in an embarrassing situation. Rather, it is the latest example of HuffPost publishing inflammatory allegations against the U.S. military that it knows, or should know, are false, grossly decontextualized or totally unprovable.
The picture is from a terrorist bombing incident --- not a U.S. drone strike --- as HuffPost was aware when it published this inflammatory story.
How can we prove this? Take a look at how the AP played the story, and the picture, on its own website, which is where HuffPost originally accessed it:
And here's how two separate (real) newspapers, in very different parts of the U.S., presented the exact same AP story:
The Miami Herald:
The Monterey (CA) Herald:
So which of HuffPost's "journalists" was responsible for posting this false "news" story?
Actually, HuffPost senior political "reporter" Jason Linkins pointed out several years ago, in a diatribe against another "Internet newspaper," editors are ultimately responsible for the egregious errors and falsehoods that are published:
In short, the facts Corsi obtained torpedo the premise of his piece, which, I remind you, is that the "shooter advised [the] Obama transition." Were this being written for a responsible journalistic entity, some creature called an "editor" would have stepped in and said, "Hey, Jerome, you realize that by your own findings, you article is complete horseshit, right?" But this is World Net Daily, written by and for complete charlatans.
In this case, HuffPost's senior editors approved and published this inflammatory propaganda story that was constructed by Shirin Barghi, whose bio describes her as:
an Iranian journalist, photographer and recent graduate of New York University. She has more than three years of journalism experience in Tehran, where she studied and worked before moving to New York in 2010.
Is there a relationship between this incident of deliberate incitement, and our recent documentation of how HuffPost hired and unleashed a former producer for Al Jazeera, to whip up hatred against Israel, and act as a shill for Iran and Hamas?
- Is HuffPost even more anti-Israel than the Iranian regime is? Yes – and here's the proof .
- HuffPost video "news" host pushes Hamas lies, ignores savage reality of Hamas .
That's for you to decide --- especially as your tax dollars are enabling HuffPost to engage in this subversive activity.
Predictably, in response to this incitement, the radical leftists and radical Islamists who flock to HuffPost flooded the "news" thread with hate comments against the U.S. military --- which it reviewed, approved and decided to publish.
Examples; many more are observable on the story page:
More murders by the hand of the US government. I want them on trial, and then the death penalty. This is exactly why Al Qaida and the Taliban fight. To get you away. Freedomfighters can never be beaten.jon71
all i see here is innocent children being killed by my tax money, and it makes me sick.No wonder the world hates the US govt. How brutal is it to just fly around another country looking for people to kill.Djay0252
no wonder that the world hates Americans
The larger context: This incident as merely the latest installment of HuffPost's four-year pattern of whipping up hatred against American soldiers, and the U.S. military.
Since 2009, we've been documenting how HuffPost --- the world's #1 most-read online "newspaper" --- has engaged in a pattern of publishing "news" stories that can only serve to incite hatred against the U.S. military, based on demonstrably false, grossly decontextualized and unproven allegations (more). In some cases, HuffPost has even gone further than Al Jazeera to lie about current and former American soldiers. Examples:
- HuffPost outdoes Al-Jazeera in smearing the U.S. military, incites user smear-fest (HuffPost: "Approved!!!") .
- HuffPost's cyber-jihad against the U.S. military: Nazi stormtroopers and boobs edition .
- HuffPost incites Muslim hatred against the U.S. military --- with zero proof (again) .
- Want to "give back" to U.S. soldiers, Arianna? Stop libeling and dishonoring them. .
We've also been documenting how this subversive practice is part of HuffPost's continuous effort to whip up hatred against the other two targets of the cyber-jihad: Israel and Jews.
How does this all compare to Arianna Huffington's claims that HuffPost is a professional "newspaper," and better than its competitors?
"[At HuffPost] there are guidelines that have to be followed -- and they include a prohibition on... inflammatory claims." - Arianna Huffington, February 1, 2010
“[T]oo many reporters have forgotten that the highest calling of journalists is to ferret out the truth, consequences be damned.” - Arianna Huffington, July 29, 2008
“We are aiming to go beyond just facts, to create a narrative... [W]e think bringing journalism to a new level is exactly what people are looking for.” - Arianna Huffington, October 20, 2009
If you believe HuffPost should stop inciting hatred against the U.S. military (more), we urge you to do these things:
(1) Make your voice known to HuffPost's senior management here.
(2) Consider writing or calling one or more of HuffPost's top advertisers, to let them know your thoughts on what their ad dollars are enabling.An easy way to approach this is to scan our easy-to-use directory and find one or two corporations that you are a customer of, or have stock in. Your concerns will automatically be given considerably more weight. Also, request a follow-up after they've had a chance to review the evidence; don't let them off the hook, or sweep this under the rug.
(3) Forward the link to this story along to others who support Jews and Israel --- particularly journalists!!!
(4) Email this article to your Congressional representatives --- along with the following "NO HUFFPOST" graphic, and tell them to post it in the windows of their offices, to show that that they will no longer enable or legitimize the West's #1 facilitator of the cyber-jihad against the U.S. military: