Over the past several months, Cornell law professor William Jacobson has been publishing on his Legal Insurrection blog one blockbuster expose' after another regarding U.S. Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), revealing what appears to be her long pattern of lies and deception. Specifically, Jacobson's documentation shows that Warren:
- Has been falsely claiming that she is of Native American heritage, and has been using her faux "minority" status to advance her career (here; more)
- Practiced law in Massachusetts without a license (here)
And a simple Google search shows that Jacobson's documentation is being picked up by (real) news organizations and blogs across the political spectrum.
So, you might think that Arianna Huffington --- who has repeatedly claimed that citizen journalism (and HuffPost's support thereof) is going to end up changing America --- would be all over this story of scandal, lies, corruption and cover-ups.
Add in the fact that she has hundreds of editors, journalists and researchers working for her at the the world's #1 most-read online "newspaper," and a practically unlimited budget (thanks to funding from parent AOL and taxpayers like you), she would be doing a daily drip, drip, drip release of the latest exposures of Warren's lies. (After all, Arianna has no problem manufacturing and giving top-line coverage to inflammatory lies about other conservative female politicians --- so she should have no problem telling the truth about one, right?)
So how much coverage has HuffPost given to the mountain of Jacobson's revelations about Elizabeth Warren? Zero.
How do we know this? Would a search of HuffPost's archives suffice? Below, we searched "insurrection" (his blog, again, is Legal Insurrection). The results were... zero:
What if we search "William Jacobson"? Zero.
So what kinds of stories did Arianna decide were more "newsworthy"...
... than documentation-rich accusations of the pathological lies and deception of a (Democratic) candidate for the U.S. Senate? Let's take a look, from HuffPost's Sept. 28 front page:
DAY 2 on HuffPost's front page: Lady Gaga responds to allegations that she's a "slut":
DAY 2 on HuffPost's front page: "HoneyBooBoo" (a toddler) shares her thoughts on homosexuality:
DAY 2 on HuffPost's front page: A search engine for porn:
How does this all compare to Arianna's claims that HuffPost is a professional, unbiased "newspaper," and better than its competitors?
"If you're going to produce great journalism, you have to build a team of people who are working together and driving toward the same goals editorially.”
– Arianna Huffington, April 7, 2011 --- two months after being put in control of all of AOL's "news" and "content"
"AOL's acquisition of HuffPost has allowed us... to continue to change the culture here."
--- Tim Armstrong, Chairman, AOL, the genius who bought HuffPost and put Arianna in charge of all "news" and "content" --- May 14, 2011
“[T]oo many reporters have forgotten that the highest calling of journalists is to ferret out the truth, consequences be damned.”
- Arianna Huffington, July 29, 2008
“We are aiming to go beyond just facts, to create a narrative... [W]e think bringing journalism to a new level is exactly what people are looking for.”
- Arianna Huffington, October 20, 2009
If you believe HuffPost should start acting like the "newspaper" it claims to be, and stop acting as a protective extension of the Democrat Party, we urge you to do three things:
(1) Make your voice known to HuffPost's senior management here.. .
(2) Consider writing or calling one or more of HuffPost's top advertisers, to let them know your thoughts on what their ad dollars are enabling.An easy way to approach this is to scan our easy-to-use directory and find one or two corporations that you are a customer of, or have stock in. Your concerns will automatically be given considerably more weight. Also, request a follow-up after they've had a chance to review the evidence; don't let them off the hook, or sweep this under the rug.
(3) Forward the link to this story along to others who support Jews and Israel --- particularly journalists!!!