Should Grover Norquist be murdered?
According to HuffPost's management --- and the radical leftists that it enables, protects and emboldens to post their threats and urgings of violence against political opponents --- the answer is an emphatic "Yes!"
On the morning of Monday, July 25, the organization that Norquist founded and leads, Americans for Tax Reform, notified the Washington, DC police that it received a bomb threat. HuffPost featured the story on its front page, under the headline: Beneath the story copy, HuffPost made it clear that not a single user comment would be published without first having been reviewed and approved by one of its moderators. The screencap below shows this statement, and the fact that while HuffPost had approved and published 521 comments, 68 were being reviewed:
And what are the standards against which HuffPost's moderators are supposed to judge whether a "comment" is acceptable or not? Well, its Comment Policy claims:
"(W)e do not allow... speech that advocates or supports hatred or unlawful violence (or) threats of violence or threats to anyone or any group's personal safety... [or] hate speech... or ad hominem attacks of any kind... or speech that is vile... [...]"Not only is this one of HuffPost's most egregious, long-term lies, as we documented in this special report, in reality, it actually enables and protects the most egregious violators of its policies --- and censors and bans other users who attempt to speak out against them.
Something else to keep in mind as you read this post:
"Using broad-based communication channels to threaten, harm and intimidate and then incite others to do the same will not be tolerated."-- John G. Perren, FBI Special Agent in Charge of Counterterrorism, Washington, DC field office, October 2010
If that's the case, then you may want to consider showing the FBI what HuffPost deliberately facilitated on this thread. Learn more, and how to contact them, here.
So what kinds of user comments do you think HuffPost reviewed, approved and decided to publish, in response to the bomb scare at Norquist's office?
The following is a very small sampling of the "comments" that egregiously violated HuffPost's policies (if not the law) --- yet which it reviewed, approved and decided to publish on this thread (take a look soon, before HuffPost "sanitizes" it).
As you review these "comments," keep two questions in the back of your mind:
(1) How much do these "comments" differ from those that actual terrorists and their enablers and supporters post at jihadi forums?Also, note how many of these users have 150 to 2,000 or more "fans," meaning that, as indicated in this report, HuffPost has been enabling and protecting them to engage in these egregious violations of its policies for a very, very long time.
(2) If your answer is, "not much," then what does that make HuffPost, except a willful enabler of electronic terrorist threats?
We begin with one of HuffPost's moderators, "NoraHuffposter," who has 1,903 "fans":
This is nothing new; HuffPost has been pathologically enabling and protecting of radical leftist political e-terrorists like these maniacs for years
HUFFPOST COMMUNITY MODERATOR
Whomever made the threat, you better deliver next time [...]
Too bad it was only a threat, better luck next time.
At least someone is trying, try harder you may have better luck next time.
Damn! Just a threat?
Live by the sword....
[...] You reap, you sow, Grovie...
HUFFPOST SUPER USER
Come on people, more action less warning
This guy gets what he deserves. [...]
Grover Norquist is an economic terrorist [...] he should be viewed as a criminal enterprise [...]
HEY GROVER REMEMBER ! PAY-BACK IS A M O F O !!!!!!
Not that I approve of bomb threats or any other kind against a person but he seems to be bringing it on himself [...]
[...] Norquist might learn that starting a class war might actually mean ... well, war. [...] Certainly if it were a Norquist assassination, compared to 5% of the nation's children being thrown into poverty ... well, reader, you make the choice.
[...] you may have brought it on yourself. Many people have pledged to get rid of you.
i the ys
Oh, please, please, please a real one next time.
Traitors who refuse to pay taxes should get no support from the police or FBI. There's a thing called the Social Contract...Grover's not a signatory.
[...] Mr. Norquist sounds like you need to be careful about promoting government cut backs and no taxes on the ultra rich because it's not only dangerous for other people, but it is dangerous for you too.
awwwwwwwwwwwwwww, too bad it was a hoax.
I, for one, wouldn't mind it if he were to be vaporized like that. Part of the problems solved.
The Right-Wingers think they are the only ones that are armed. I think a couple big reminders that they are not would show them how p*ssed America is with them. Maybe even bring this country back toward the middle.
As you absorb the import of these comments, also keep in mind that HuffPost also has a long history of censoring and banning conservative users who attempt to speak out against radical leftist maniacs like these. We've documented this fact in many recent reports:
- HuffPost MODERATOR: "Hey, let's murder Boehner, the Kochs and others!!!" (HuffPost: "Approved, protected!!!")
- HuffPost allows banned radical leftist Moderator to return, resume posting threats against Scalia, the Kochs --- and bans users who complain
As HuffPost's pathological willingness to enable, protect and embolden radical leftist e-terrorists, we grow increasingly concerned that eventually, its actions are going to result in someone getting injured, or killed. if you doubt this, you should take our quiz:
Also, keep in mind that these threats and suggested solicitations of violence, and HuffPost's deliberate facilitation of them, may be violations of federal law,
Notable quotes: Arianna Huffington's public claims about user comments at HuffPost
The following is a sampling of Arianna's oft-repeated public statements about her site's Comment Policy --- starting with her 2008 admission that not a single comment appears anywhere on HuffPost without first being reviewed and approved by a moderator:
- "Our comments on the news site were originally post-moderated (i.e., objectionable comments were removed only after our moderators were alerted). We eventually decided that it was worth the substantial effort and expense to have human pre-moderation on both blogs and news."
(July 2008; see special report on this matter here)
- "We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to abusive or hateful language or comments." (3/20/08)
- "If you're looking for the usual flame-throwing, name-calling, and simplistic attack dog rhetoric... don't bother coming to the Huffington Post." (5/6/05)
- Huffington credits her decision early on to moderate comments and keep things civil rather than allowing the typical Internet free-for-all. (Newsweek, July 25, 2010)
There are only two things that enable HuffPost to pathologically engage in this reprehensible behavior. Here's how you can help make a difference, before HuffPost ends up getting someone injured or killed.
The two things that enable HuffPost to engage in this behavior are:
- The money it gets from its roster of top-flight advertisers --- including American Express, Chevrolet, Citibank, and many other top brands.
- The silence of "journalists" who avidly read HuffPost, yet avert their eyes from the reality that's staring them in the face --- and which we report, and send them, on a regular basis
- Contact HuffPost's advertisers --- especially those with whom you already do business.
Let them know your thoughts on how HuffPost has been using the money they provide it, to enable the kind of user behavior documented in this report. You might also ask if they're aware that their ad dollars are enabling HuffPost to engage in its pathological, malicious incitement of hate against the U.S. military, Israel and Jews, the Tea Party and conservative individuals and organizations.
- Send this article to journalists, newspapers and TV networks that you trust --- whether on a local or national basis.
Ask them to take a look at our documentation, and urge them to do some investigating. As you can see, throughout HUFF-WATCH is an encyclopedic cornucopia of physical evidence that backs up every aspect of every one of our allegations.