Note: HuffPost is now the world's #1 most-read online "newspaper." For four years, it has been deliberately, maliciously inciting and tolerating hate against Israel and Jews, based on false, unprovable or grossly decontextualized allegations, and biased story choices and positioning (archives here, here). It also attracts nearly 15,000 unique visitors per day from the three incubators of Islamist terror: Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and Egypt (details here).
UPDATE: One hour after our expose' was published, HuffPost relented. See "Update" at end. But the damage against Israel was already done --- just as HuffPost has been doing for years.
On Sunday, January 27 HuffPost published this "news" headline (based on an AP-sourced story) on its front page:
Why would Israeli officials issue a warning against Syria?
Well, the headline doesn't say. But anyone who knows HuffPost and our vast documentation of its pathological incitement of hate against Israel and Jews --- and its whitewashing and denial of militant Islamists' provocations for Israeli actions ---- knows that this sort of inflammatory, non-contextualized headline can only be designed to have two purposes:
(1) To depict Israel as a "war-monger" to HuffPost's global audience
(2) To provide more red-meat incitement to the radical leftists and Islamists that flock to the HuffPost, then obligingly review, approve and decide to publish their outpouring of hate comments against Israel and Jews.And as you're about to see, that is exactly what happened.
So what's the real story here, that HuffPost refused to depict in its headline?
The real story is that amidst the disintegration of Syria, and its long-term collusion with Islamist terror groups, Israel is gravely concerned that Assad may transfer his chemical weapons stockpiles to Hezbollah, which is sworn to destroy the Jewish state.
And that is, in sum, how other (real) news sources presented this exact same AP source story:
From the Vancouver Sun:
From KWSO (Kansas):
A skeptic might ask: "But isn't it possible that HuffPost just missed the context --- or didn't have enough room to put all those words into its headline?"
The answer to those questions is "no" --- and here's the proof:
First, note the URL that HuffPost used to create this news story:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/27/israel-syria-strike-chemical-weapons-transfer_n_2561970.htmlClearly, HuffPost knew exactly what the context of that story was --- yet it refused to put that into its headline.
Second, as to HuffPost's ability and willingness to devote two or three line headlines to "news" stories, here are some examples from HuffPost's front page, on January 28, 2013, that utilize two-line, and three-line headlines. Apparently, HuffPost decided that these "news" stories were so important that they merited very descriptive headlines:
HuffPost's actions had the exact impact it apparently intended: This inflammatory, decontextualized headline produced a torrent of hate comments from users against Israel and Jews
A few examples of user comments, from this "news" thread --- every one of which HuffPost reviewed, approved and decided to publish (including from several of its most notorious long-term anti-Semites, such as RubalKhali, as our friends at HuffPostMonitor have documented):
Why would HuffPost do such a thing? Arianna answers that question --- and gives indication as to why HuffPost has been doing this for years.
In the words of Arianna Huffington, HuffPost's Editor-In-Chief --- who has also repeatedly (falsely) said that HuffPost is a nonpartisan "newspaper":
“We are aiming to go beyond just facts, to create a narrative... [W]e think bringing journalism to a new level is exactly what people are looking for.”Yes, we can see exactly the kind of "narrative" you are hellbent on creating, Arianna. Just as you've been doing for years.
- Arianna Huffington, October 20, 2009
Doesn't it feel good to know that your tax dollars are going to enable all this?
Some of the scores of earlier examples of HuffPost headlines and "news" stories concerning Israel and Jews that could only be designed to create a (false) "narrative" about them:
And see our first major report on HuffPost's incitement and tolerance of hate against Israel and Jews, from January 2010:
Also visit our archive of anti-Israel, ant-Semitic bias, libels and hate at HuffPost
UPDATE: A HUFF-WATCH reader complained to HuffPost, and it relented
Forty minutes after this post was published, a reader complained to HuffPost about this inflammatory front-page headline. Soon after, HuffPost moved it to a secondary page, and changed the headline to be more (but not completely) accurate and contextual:
In this case --- as in all others in our vast documentation shows --- the damage was done --- it had created a false public perception of Israel as a warmonger, always threatening its neighbors. So, this is another "mission accomplished" moment for Arianna and her army of inciters of hate against Israel and Jews.
If you believe HuffPost should stop inciting hatred against Israel and Jews, we urge you to do these things:
(1) Make your voice known to HuffPost's senior management here.
(2) Consider writing or calling one or more of HuffPost's top advertisers, to let them know your thoughts on what their ad dollars are enabling. An easy way to approach this is to scan our easy-to-use directory and find one or two corporations that you are a customer of, or have stock in. Your concerns will automatically be given considerably more weight. Also, request a follow-up after they've had a chance to review the evidence; don't let them off the hook, or sweep this under the rug.
(3) Forward the link to this story along to others who support Jews and Israel --- particularly journalists!!!
(4) Email this article to your Congressional representatives --- along with the following "NO HUFFPOST" graphic, and tell them to post it in the windows of their offices, to show that that they will no longer enable or legitimize the West's #1 facilitator of the cyber-jihad against Israel, Jews and the U.S. military: