On the evening of February 6, AOL announced that it purchased HuffPost for $315 million.
As if that wasn't bad enough, AOL is not only retaining Arianna as part of the deal, it promoted her to being Editor In Chief of all its content --- including its "news."
From Arianna's grand blog article, describing the transaction, and her new "position":
"Tim (Armstrong, AOL Chairman & CEO) said he wanted to buy The Huffington Post and put all of AOL's content under a newly formed Huffington Post Media Group, with me as its president and editor-in-chief."
Who is Tim Armstrong? Here's his bio. On paper, he sounds like a pretty bright guy.
But we cannot help wonder:
- Did Armstrong really not know that HuffPost is the Internet's largest inciter and tolerator of hate against Israel and Jews, the U.S. military, the Tea Party, and conservative individuals and organizations?
- Did he really not know that HuffPost is notorious for using inflammatory, false and misleading headlines that could only serve to incite hatred against all its aforementioned "enemies"?
- Did he really not know that Arianna has lied to the public over and over again, regarding her claims that HuffPost is a nonpartisan "news" organization, that it "prohibits inflammatory claims and conspiracy theories," and that it has "zero tolerance" for comments that violate its policies?
- Did he really not know that in response to its incitement, HuffPost pathologically enables, protects and emboldens radical leftist users to violate its comment policy in the most egregious ways imaginable --- including to post open threats and solicitations of murder? And that at the same time, it routinely censors and fast-bans non-violating conservative users who complain about, stand up to or mock them?
[Bonus: Try your hand at the Quiz: Are you qualified to be a HuffPost Moderator?]
- Did he really not know that while HuffPost maliciously libels the Tea Party with false charges of "racism" (1, 2, 3), HuffPost is actually far more "racist"?
Did AOL's board do even the most cursory vetting of HuffPost, or what its critics have documented, to determine exactly what it was buying --- or did it only look at the "numbers"?
Take a moment and review AOL's proclaimed corporate values. What do you say? Do you think there is any relationship between what AOL claims it stands for, and the reality of HuffPost --- which we've been documenting and publicizing for nearly two years? If you'd like to have your say, here's how:
Here's AOL's general feedback form.
Here's AOL's mailing address and phone number:AOL
Tim Armstrong, Chairman and CEO
New York, NY 10003
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
A roundup of other influential figures' thoughts on AOL's buyout of HuffPost, and Arianna's big promotion:
My Dear Arianna:
Congratulations on this wonderful affirmation of your willingness to use all your resources to advance the cyber-jihad!!!
I assume that AOL fully appreciates and hopes to capitalize on your relentless efforts to always make Zionist pigs look sinister, while making me look like a benevolent rock star (1, 2):
As I expressed in my long letter to you a few months ago, in honor of all you've done for me, and for my jihadi brethren, I've have fallen deeply, truly in love with you. I admit that I'm disappointed at having not heard back from you on my proposal for a more... permanent relationship with you, but I realize you're very busy, building the world's #1 hate site. And that's even more important than my burning love for you.
With love and hugs,
My Dear Arianna:
Congratulations on this wonderful news!!! Didn't I tell you that if you act as Hamas's uncritical, global public relations machine, and keep "humanizing" me --- and vilifying the Zionist pigs --- that you would be blessed with good fortune?
I admit that your willingness to have your Hamas-supporting Middle East correspondent sit down with me for an exclusive, three-hour interview (1, 2) --- in which she not only didn't ask a single tough question, but actually echoed our verbiage --- was a bit of a surprise. (Ironically, less than 24 hours later, we murdered a Zionist mother of six who was nine months pregnant... heh. Yet you allowed your fawning correspondent to attack users who suggested she should have asked us about our murder sprees.)
But after all your previous efforts to give top-line coverage to our "peace" propaganda, while burying or ignoring our murderous rampages against Zionist pigs, and our threats of more, I guess I should realize that you are 100% committed to aiding us.
Well, here's wishing you all the best as you now sit atop the "news" at AOL... my jihadi brethren and I say, "Arianna Akbar!!!"
With love and gratitude,
Hamas Propaganda Minister
DEAR MS. HUFFINGTON:
THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR EFFORTS TO VILIFY AMERICA'S SOLDIERS!!! YOUR WILLINGNESS TO PUBLISH INFLAMMATORY LIES ABOUT THEM MAKES IT MUCH EASIER TO INDOCTRINATE YOUNG JIHADIS TO HATE AND MURDER THEM!!!
MY FAVORITES ARE YOUR UNCRITICAL SPLASHING OF SY HERSH'S MALICIOUS LIBELS ON YOUR FRONT PAGE, EVEN THOUGH HE ADMITS HE HAS NO PROOF OF ANY OF IT!!!
WE ALSO LOVE HEADLINES LIKE THIS ONE -- "COLLATERAL MURDER" -- THAT WAS SO COOL!!! ESPECIALLY THAT YOU SUPPRESSED THE FACT THAT EVEN YOUR FRIEND STEPHEN COLBERT DEBUNKED THIS LIE!!
YOU ARE A TRUE ASSET TO THE GLOBAL CYBER-JIHAD!! IF YOU WERE NOT AN INFIDEL (AND A REDHEAD) I WOULD ASK YOU TO MARRY ME!!