FOGEL FAMILY SLAUGHTER: THE EVIDENCE FILE
Dedicated to the Fogel family --- the latest victims of HuffPost's (a) egregious anti-Semitic bias, and (b) endless efforts to shill for Islamist terrorists and their enablers, and shield them from being held to full public account for their actions.
As you read the following, keep in mind that HuffPost:
- Is the #1 most-read blog on Earth, a top-ten U.S. “news” site and “a top-10 current events and global news site”
- Is now read by 350,000+ monthly visitors from Muslim-majority nations --- including Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia
... while consistently ignoring, depersonalizing and burying accounts of Jewish victims of Islamist terror.
When Israelis are so much as accused of harming a Palestinian Muslim's toenail, HuffPost rushes the story to its front page, or to the top of its World page --- replete with pictures of the "victims," their names, and the "human interest" side of the story. This is true even in cases of Pallywood-manufactured blood libels that HuffPost clearly knows are based on absolutely no proof whatsoever --- then fails to publish retractions, when the truth comes out.
- HuffPost publishes anti-Semitic blood libel without any proof; users unleash anti-Semitic hate (HuffPost: "Approved!!!")
At right: The "journalist" who wrote this story admitted --- in the story --- that he had "no idea, no clue" if the blood libel in it was true or not. HuffPost plastered it near the top of its front page, anyway --- then ignored follow-up reports that (a) the accuser retracted the allegation, and (b) physicians proved it was medically impossible.
- HuffPost publishes incendiary anti-Semitic libels (again) --- this time, from one of its own "reporters"
Are Israelis really working to "to exterminate Palestinians... through starvation"? Then why did HuffPost allow one of its top "reporters" to allege this --- at the top of its front page? And why is he still on its payroll?
- Using a biased Arabic "news" source to present a distorted account of a terror suspect killed by the IDF
Israel attempted to arrest a veteran Islamist terrorist with blood on his hands, who engaged them in a firefight. HuffPost left those details out of the story, and instead named and framed him as merely an "activist."
- HuffPost manipulates headline to falsely incriminate Israel in assassination (Users unleash hate; HuffPost: "Approved!!!")
Most recently, below are just a few examples of how, since March 1, 2011, HuffPost has given personalized, top-line treatment to news about Palestinian "victims" of Israeli Jewish acts:
Left: See if you can detect anything disjointed about this March 1 story and picture; also, when was the last time HuffPost ran a headline about Palestinians/Muslims "rampaging"? Never. Right: HuffPost used a picture of what is presumed to be a Hamas operative's daughter to play up the story of his "abduction" at the hands of Israelis, in this March 10 story (also shown positioned at top of World page, below) --- one day before the Fogel family was slaughtered.
- HuffPost's anti-Semitic, pro-jihadist bias -- Christmas edition
A richly-detailed, multi-part analysis of documentation, showing how HuffPost systematically acts as a PR tool for militant Islamists, while downplaying or completely ignoring the carnage they cause, and threaten, among Jewish civilians.
- HuffPost's pathological anti-Semitic bias: Children's edition
At right: HuffPost completely ignored 9-year-old Hodoya Imes, weeping at the funeral of her father and mother --- who was nine months pregnant --- when they were targeted and machine-gunned to death by Hamas. HuffPost never once featured their names, or their pictures. When the victim is Muslim, however, HuffPost does the exact opposite --- consistently.
- What anti-Semitic bias? HuffPost buries plot to blow up Jewish synagogues in U.S. under list of "Top Jews," 7 stories about "Sanity" rally
- More of HuffPost giving front-page, personalized coverage of Muslim deaths; Jewish victims of Muslim violence? Nope.
With this background and contextual understanding, one is now prepared to approach, and appreciate the significance of HuffPost's "coverage" of the Fogel family slaughter.
(1) HuffPost completely ignored the story of the Fogel family slaughter for more than seventeen hours after its primary source of news first reported it. Instead, it focused on celebrity gossip, nonsense stories, and catering to its persistent fetish to depict the "human side" of... Adolf Hitler.
HuffPost's primary source of news stories, the AP, published its version of the story on March 11 at 7:43pm EST. Fox News --- which HuffPost routinely smears as being "unfair" and "biased" --- published the story on its front page minutes later (note that the screencap below was taken at 8:33pm on March 11 --- see lower right corner):
The video below was taken at 8:40pm EST on March 11, of a Google search using the term "AP 5 killed West Bank." As you can see, the first six pages show website after website from around the world that were covering the story at this time:
So what "news" stories did HuffPost decide were more important to place (or keep posted) on its front page, and its World page, than this one, for the first 17+ hours?
Here's a video that was taken at 8:40pm on March 11, showing (1) HuffPost's World page, then (2) its front page:
Note that while its arch enemy Fox News had already published the story at around 8:00pm on March 11, HuffPost decided the following stories were more important for its global audience to be aware of on its World page:
- "The Dalai Lama Through The Years" (00:20)
- "Eva Braun And Adolf Hitler's Private Moments"(00:26; as shown below, this story had been posted since March 9 --- and HuffPost kept it posted through at least March 15)
- "Swedish Bank Robber Busted By Forgotten Urine" (00:30)
- "Kate Middleton Rocks Trenchcoat, Flips Pancakes In Belfast" (00:41)
- "Aretha Franklin Addresses Gastric Bypass Rumors" (01:04)
- "Model Search For Women 40 And Over" (01:06)
- "Jon Cryer Finally Responds to Charlie Sheen" (01:10)
- "Teen Arrested On Felony Charge For Death Of Sibling's Hamster" (01:15)
- "Guess The Oscar Winner's Kid" (01:18)
- "Charlie Sheen" (01:22)
- "12 Things You Don't Know About Comedians" (01:27)
- "Breaking Up" (Justin Timberlake and Jessica Beil) (01:31)
Further, here is a video that was taken at 12:30 pm on March 12, showing (1) HuffPost's front page, then (2) its World page:
From its front page...
- "HUFFPOST HILL" Docs Show NFL Owners Plotted Lockout" (00:10)
- "WATCH: Shocking Footage Of Christian Dior's Neo-Nazi Niece" (00:16; 00:20)
- "Why They Split" (Justin Timberlake and Jessica Beil) (00:18)
- "WATCH: The Royal Wedding Route In 3D" (00:26)
- "WATCH: Man Plays George Michael Sax Solo Whether You Like It Or Not" (00:27)
- "Alec Baldwin: Two And A Half Men Is Better Than None" (00:35)
- "PHOTOS: Designer Honors Hillary Clinton" (00:35)
- "Magazine With A Controversial Name" (00:42)
- "Stephen Colbert Auctions Off His Ridiculous Portrait" (00:44)
- "Jon Cryer Finally Responds to Charlie Sheen" (00:53)
- "The Dalai Lama Through The Years" (01:22)
- "Eva Braun And Adolf Hitler's Private Moments" (01:24)
- "Meet The World's Youngest Granny" (01:26)
- "British Transgender Woman's Breast Enlargement Bid" (01:28)
- "Kate Middleton Rocks Trenchcoat, Flips Pancakes In Belfast" (01:34)
A word about HuffPost's persistent fetish to depict Adolf Hitler's "human" side
(almost invariably, at the same time that Islamist terrorists are attacking Jews)
As offensive as all of the above is, here's the most stomach-churning part of it all: our documentation shows that HuffPost decided to leave the "story" about "Eva Braun And Adolf Hitler's Private Moments" posted on its World page for at least seven days straight --- from March 9 through March 15. This stands in sharp contrast to the fact that it only allowed the story of the Fogel murders to appear for a total of about 48 hours.
This is not an accident, or an aberration. We've documented HuffPost's fixation with attempting to depict Hitler's "human side" extensively --- and how it almost invariably occurs at the same time that militant Islamists are violently attacking Jews:
Left: HuffPost thought it was more important for you to know that Hitler wanted to be a Mouseketeer, than that Hamas was attacking and threatening Jews. Center: HuffPost left this "story" up for more than six days, while ignoring Hamas's attacks and threats against Jews, at the same time. Right: The "story" of Hitler's "private moments" with Eva Braun, that HuffPost left up for at least eight straight days, while it only allowed the Fogel family slaughter story to remain up for about 2 days.
In fact, as documented here, in 2007 HuffPost even published an opinion article that claimed Hitler "meant well" by slaughtering Jews --- and never dissociated itself from the writer (see third entry down here).
(2) Finally, seventeen-plus hours after the story broke, HuffPost posted one, depersonalized account of the Fogel family slaughter --- mid-way down on a secondary page, ensuring that it could not be seen by the causal reader.
As documented in the screencap below, HuffPost didn't publish the story until 12:52 pm on March 12 --- nearly 18 hours after the AP, its primary source of news, published it:
And here's how HuffPost placed the story on its World page --- note the position of the scroll bar at right:
This was the highest placement that the Fogel family slaughter story received at HuffPost. As the evidence in the following sections show, over the coming hours and two days, HuffPost steadily demoted the story down the World page, and after about 48 hours, completely removed it.
And as our documentation shows, at no time did HuffPost ever make mention of this story on its front page. This means that if one only relied on HuffPost for her news, if she only scanned the front page, she'd have absolutely no idea that anything even happened in the West Bank --- let alone something as savagely barbaric as the attack on the Fogel family.
(3) HuffPost went to extraordinary lengths to avoid personalizing, or telling the "human side" of the Fogel family, or their slaughter, in any way --- as it invariably does for Palestinian Muslim "victims." Its "coverage" did not include a single photograph of any of the victims, or even the Fogel family's name --- even though all this information and media was readily available.
Within the first twelve hours after the slaughter, other news outlets and conservative blogs had identified the family's name, and were including pictures of the victims and the crime scene.
HuffPost, in contrast, only chose to publish one version of the story --- from Reuters --- which made no mention of the Fogel family's names, and included no pictures of them, or of the crime scene. Interestingly, the Reuters story that HuffPost chose to use did not include the picture of the IDF soldier and jeep that it featured, below:
We do know that this is the second time HuffPost has pulled this exact same stunt, using a totally generic photo of IDF soldiers as a substitute for telling the personal story of militant Islamist savagery. In the case at right, a Palestinian terrorist hacked a 16 year old Jewish boy to death with an ax, in a store. HuffPost had access to the pictures of the boy, and the crime scene --- yet chose to utilize only one photo --- the one at right.
Further, if you go to HuffPost's own story page, you'll note that it decided to completely ignore the video report of the Fogel family slaughter that Reuters released with its story -- which HuffPost used:
Why would HuffPost decide to omit the video of the story --- especially as it was staring them in the faces?
This stands in stark contrast to the fact that HuffPost is an extremely video-heavy site, and uses video to promote pretty much every other kind of "news" story --- including of "Arianna And AOL CEO Tim Armstrong Teach Journalism Class At Brooklyn Middle School" a few days ago.
Perhaps someday, someone in a position of influence will ask HuffPost about that --- and all the other anti-Semitic, pro-Islamist decisions it made in regards to the Fogel slaughter story.
Here is some of the material that other news sources and blogs were featuring at the time --- all of which included the Fogels' names and pictures --- and all of which HuffPost completely ignored:
"Itamar massacre: Fogel family butchered while sleeping," YNet News, March 13, 2011Soon after this slaughter, the Fogel family and the IDF jointly decided to make available the graphic crime scene photos, to demonstrate the level of pure savagery facing Israeli Jews."The daughter went into one of the rooms, and saw the horror before I did," [Rabbi] Cohen said. "I entered and saw that another boy survived, a two-year-old. He was lying next to his bleeding parents, shaking them with his hands and trying to get them to wake them up, while crying.""Three Year Old Stabbed in the Heart, Baby's Throat Slashed," Israel National News, March 12, 2011, 11:33pm (4:33pm EST)The initial findings of the investigation into the terrorist massacre in the Israeli town of Itamar in Samaria Friday night show that the Fatah ‘Freedom Fighters’ stabbed the Fogel family's sleeping three year old in the heart and slashed the throat of his three-month-old sister.
Click here for photos on the murder victims (Warning: Extremely Graphic)
[...] Between 22:20 and 22:30 the terrorists [...] slashed the throats of the father and newborn baby who were sleeping there. The mother came out of the bathroom and was stabbed on its threshold. The evidence shows that she tried to fight the terrorists. [...] They then slashed the throat of the 11-year old-son who was reading in bed. They did not notice the 2-year old asleep in his bed, but murdered the 3-year old with two stabs to his heart. [...] The 12-year-old daughter returned home at 00:30 and [...] saw the horrific bloodsoaked scene and ran out of the house screaming.
HuffPost ignored all of it. We won't.
CAUTION: GRAPHIC PHOTOS AHEAD.
Below are the graphic photos that were released here, matched with photos we found of the victims, before the slaughter:
Udi Fogel, 36, cuddling his 3 month old daughter, Hadas; both of their throats were slit.
Elad Fogel, 3 years old; stabbed through the heart multiple times.
Yes. Apparently, it doesn't show bodies of dead Jews.
Dead Muslims, however... it shows in graphic detail.
In our two years of in-depth research, we've never once seen HuffPost show a picture of a dead Jew anywhere on the site. But we've documented repeatedly how HuffPost routinely rushes pictures of dead Muslims to its front page --- with their names, and often, inflammatory, malicious libels against Jews, and Israel, as to how they died. A few examples:
March 21, 2011 update: HuffPost breathlessly rushes graphic photos of dead Muslims to the top of its front page.
When several U.S. soldiers confessed to having taken photos with dead Afghan Muslims, HuffPost rushed the story to its front page --- and promoted it throughout the site --- including the graphic photos:
But when it comes to graphic photos of dead Jewish civilians, the result of Palestinian Muslim savagery... well... as George Orwell wrote in Animal Farm, "All animals are equal; but some animals are more equal than others."
(4) HuffPost completely ignored news reports that (a) Hamas and Gazans were celebrating the Fogel slaughter --- and (b) that part of Fatah, the militant wing of Mahmoud Abbas's Palestinian Authority, claimed responsibility for the attack.
"Gaza celebrates; Fayyad condemns terror attack," YNet News, March 12, 2011About the same time, AFP released photos of some of these celebrations, which were being picked up by numerous blogs. From Israelly Cool:Gaza residents from the southern city of Rafah hit the streets Saturday to celebrate the terror attack in the West Bank settlement of Itamar where five family members were murdered in their sleep, including three children. [...]
According to an unverified report, Fatah's military wing – the al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades – claimed responsibility for the attack. A group spokesman told a Palestinian news agency that a terror cell infiltrated the settlement of Itamar and committed the attack.
SAID KHATIB/AFP/Getty Images"
More, from the same AFP-captured "celebration":
HuffPost published none of these photos, and made absolutely no mention of these news items.
(5) HuffPost ran a story that claimed Mahmoud Abbas, Chairman of the Palestinian Authority, condemned the slaughter of the Fogel family. But it completely ignored documentation that was published in the preceding days that shows how Abbas's PA had incited, celebrated and rewarded Islamist violence against Jewish civilians, in the days and weeks leading up to the slaughter of the Fogel family.
On March 14, HuffPost published the following story, mid-way down on its World page, claiming that Mahmoud Abbas called the slaughter of the Fogel family "inhuman":
Yet HuffPost completely ignored the following story, that was published the day before --- March 13 --- and was being covered throughout the conservative, pro-Israel blogosphere, which documented how Abbas's PA had been inciting, celebrating and rewarding Islamist terror attacks on Jewish civilians, for years:
"Fogel Family Slaughter Deliberately Incited by PA," Israel National News, March 13, 2011HuffPost ignored all of this data. It also ignored the fact that Israeli PM Netanyahu had said essentially the same thing shortly after the attack:
Excerpt:Recent Examples of PA Incitement
Praising numerous attacks by terrorists, the PA government has made special efforts to encourage the murder of Israelis – and has not shied away from praising those who kill children, despite protestations to the contrary.
On the day before the brutal slaying of the Fogel family, Sabri Saidam, adviser to Abbas and under-secretary of the Fatah Revolutionary Council, told PA Arabs in a speech that “the weapons must be turned towards the main enemy [Israel] and that internal differences of opinion must be set aside.” Saidam denounced the low monthly stipends to families of terrorists who murder Israelis. He also called for the naming of another public square in honor of Dalal Mughrabi, the bloodthirsty terrorist who led the 1978 Coastal Road massacre that left dozens of Israelis dead, including 13 children. [...]
Two months prior to the Fogel murder, PA Chairman and Fatah leader Mahmoud Abbas awarded $2,000 to the family of a terrorist who attacked and attempted to murder IDF soldiers. Khaldoun Najib Samoudy raced towards IDF soldiers at the Hamra checkpoint in December 2010, carrying two pipe bombs and screaming "Allahu Akbar!" (G-d is Great). His act was lauded in the January 25 edition of the Fatah-backed PA newspaper, Al Hayat Al Jadida, which covered an award ceremony in which Abbas bestowed a "presidential grant" of $2,000 on the relatives of the "Shahid" (martyr) in the village of Al-Yamoun. The article, in Arabic, was translated by media watchdog the Palestinian Media Watch (PMW).
"Netanyahu blames Palestinian incitement for Itamar attack," The Jerusalem Post, March 12, 2011Might HuffPost's protective treatment of Abbas have something to do with the fact that he is also one of its official bloggers?Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu on Saturday blamed Palestinian incitement for Friday's terror attack in Itamar in which 5 Israelis from the same family were stabbed to death. "A society that allows wild incitement like this, leads to the murder of children," Netanyahu said.
Addendum: HuffPost also completely ignored Hamas's double-speak on the Fogel family massacre
On March 14, Big Peace documented the fact that in an English-version statement, Hamas declared that "harming children is not part of Hamas’ policy, nor is it the policy of the resistance factions." Yet in the Arabic portion of its website, Hamas praised the murderer, called him a mujahad (warrior), and denounced the Fogel family as "usurpers":
"Our correspondent in Nablus reported that a Palestinian mujahid was able to break into the usurper (settlement) of “Itamar” south of Nablus in the occupied (West) Bank, and stabbed five Zionist usurpers. Zionist media sources said that “A Palestinian broke into the usurper (settlement) between the hours of 9:30 – 11:00 PM, and killed five usurpers from one family while they were sleeping.”
HuffPost completely ignored this --- and the fact that it was being re-reported on numerous popular conservative blogs, including Powerline. This is a close repeat of HuffPost's shilling for Hamas a few months ago, when it (a) plastered on its front page Hamas's pledge to a "cease-fire" with Israel--- but (b) refused to publish any information in the preceding weeks about its relentless rocket attacks on Jewish civilian centers, or its genocidal threats against Jews, and to destroy Israel.
Might this have something to do with HuffPost's desire to keep enabling its Middle East "correspondent," Sharmaine Narwani --- an unabashed Hamas supporter, and anti-Israel propagandist --- to keep getting one-on-one, fawning "interviews" with one of its senior leaders?Who knows. Maybe someday, someone in a position of influence will ask HuffPost's senior management about it all.
(6) HuffPost completely ignored the story and photos of the Fogel family funeral, which was attended by an estimated 20,000 people --- the exact opposite of the splash treatment it gives to funerals of Islamist terrorists, and Muslims.
These were but some of the photos that were available via the Israeli media hours after the funeral, on March 13:
HuffPost ignored all of these photos, and ran not a single reference to the funeral even occurring.
This stands in stark contrast to the fact that HuffPost routinely provides wall-to-wall spread coverage of funerals for Muslims who are killed in the course of perpetrating violence against Jews, or during attempted arrests. For example, here's a HuffPost slide show tribute to Sami Sirhan, a Palestinian Muslim who was killed while attempting to murder an Israeli security guard:
And as noted earlier, here is the front-page treatment that HuffPost gave to a Palestinian Muslim who was killed while trying to sneak into Israel:
(7) By the 8:30pm on March 14, barely 48 hours after it was published, HuffPost removed the Fogel family slaughter story --- but left all the nonsense "news" stories still posted (including the one about Hitler's "private moments")
How can we prove all of this --- or our allegation that HuffPost kept the Hitler "news" story posted for at least seven straight days? Because we took video of HuffPost's front page and World page on March 13 & 14, and screencaps thereafter. The proof is undeniable.
The following video was taken of HuffPost's front page on March 13 at 7:55pm. You'll note that there is not a single story about the Fogel family, or anything regarding the Middle East. There is, however, an abundance of absolute nonsense stories, such as:
- "Scientists Discover Sunken City, May Be Lost City Of Atlantis" (00:30)
- "CNBC Anchor's Shocking Statement About Japan" (00:33)
- "Jenny McCarthey's Royal Caribbean 'Film' Debut" (00:37)
- "McCain's 2008 Campaign Chief On How Palin Made The Short List" (00:45)
- "John Krasinski Talks Emotional Steve Carrell Goodbye" (00:45)
- "This Week's Best In Animals --- Two-Headed Turtle" (00:56)
- "Vegas's Hottest Pool Parties" (00:59)
- "Cate Blanchett's Style Evolution" (01:08)
- "WATCH: Shocking Footage Of Christian Dior's Neo-Nazi Niece" (01:14)
- "Why They Split" (Justin Timberlake and Jessica Beil) (01:17)
- "Monkeys Invent New Fishing Method" (01:22)
- "Man Plays George Michael Sax Solo Whether You Like It Or Not" (01:25)
And the video taken at the same time of HuffPost's World page shows:
- "Scientists Discover Sunken City, May Be Lost City Of Atlantis" (01:55)
- "Jewish Family, Including Baby, Stabbed To Death In West Bank" (02:01)
(video stops here)
The following video was taken of HuffPost's front page on March 14 at 8:25 pm. You'll note that there is nothing whatsoever about the Fogel family, or anything regarding the Middle East. There is, however, an abundance of absolute nonsense stories on its front page, such as:
- "Gilbert Gottfried Fired As AFLAC Duck Over Offensive Japan Jokes" (00:28)
- "Is This The Worst Song Of All Time?" (00:31)
- "New York Times Solicits Pet Videos" (00:35)
- "Victoria Beckham Flaunts Tiny Baby Bump In High Heels" (00:39)
- "Amber Rose Reveals Her Weight, Asks 'How Am I Fat?'" (00:43)
- "Fifty Cent Mocks Japan Quake Victims" (00:50)
- "Why Happy Kids May Be Doomed" (01:00)
- "Funniest Sports Headline Fails" (01:09)
- "John Montorio Joins HuffPost Media Group" (01:12)
And note that on HuffPost's World page at the same time (8:25pm), HuffPost had completely removed the Fogel family slaughter story, and replaced it with the story about Mahmoud Abbas. Note also that it positioned this story mid-way down the page, just under a story of a three-year-old alcoholic... but just above the latest twist in the Italian PM's sex scandal:
- "British Authorities Declare 3-Year-Old An Alcoholic" (01:51)
- "Palestinian Leader Calls Israeli Settler Murders 'Inhuman'" (01:54)
- "Berlusconi Sex Scandal Widens With Fresh Allegations" (02:09)
- "Scientists Discover Sunken City, May Be Lost City Of Atlantis" (02:11)
- "Extra Compensation For Chinese Victims Of NZ Quake?" (02:13)
- "The Dalai Lama Through The Years" (02:22)
- "Eva Braun And Adolf Hitler's Private Moments" (02:29)
(8) HuffPost reviewed, approved and decided to publish numerous user comments containing egregious anti-Semitic hatred. These comments included statements such as "Ha ha," and claims that the Fogel parents --- not Palestinian terrorists --- are really to blame for their murder.
As we document here, the only user comments that appear anywhere on HuffPost are those that it has reviewed, approved and decided to publish ("pre-moderation"). And as shown below, soon after HuffPost published the story of the Fogel family slaughter, it was reviewing 185 user comments ("pending") and deciding which of them to publish ---- and which to reject:
Soon thereafter, while 25 other comments were stuck in "Pending," HuffPost reviewed, approved and decided to publish a comment that began, "Ha, ha":
HuffPost then allowed this thread, and the follow-up one, re Abbas's "condemnation," to devolve into ghastly compendiums of denial, depravity and moral equivocation, generally centering around allegations that (a) Jews have no right to be in the West Bank, and (b) the Jews/Israel brought this on themselves, through provoking the Palestinians; "an eye for an eye."
Let's start with what HuffPost allowed one of its Community Moderators to say --- that building settlements "on land that Palestinians hope will be a part of their nation" served as an... "incitement to violence."
HuffPost then went on to review, approve and decide to publish comments by other users, claiming that even the Fogel's children "are not innocent" --- they were "unwitting participants in a land grab," and that "their parents are to blame for this" --- not the savage barbarity of Palestinian Muslim terrorists --- "by making them fair game":
You get the idea. If you'd like to see more of the kinds of comments that HuffPost chose to publish on the Fogel threads --- including from its execrable, Hamas-supporting Middle East correspondent and Community Moderator, Sharmaine Narwani --- please see these links to documentation by our friends at the terrific HuffPostMonitor: here, here, here, here, here.
(9) Days after the Fogels were slaughtered, Jews in the same settlement saved the life of a Palestinian Muslim who was about to give birth, but whose umbilical cord was wrapped around her baby's neck. Even the Hamas-controlled Ma'an News Agency begrudgingly covered it. HuffPost, however, completely ignored it.
From YNet News, via our friends at The Jawa Report --- and even Ma'an News:
"IDF, settlers save Arab baby," March 17, 2011HuffPost completely ignored this story.After massacre, settlers help bring new life into world: IDF forces and local paramedics helped save the life of a Palestinian woman and her newly born infant Wednesday, at the settlement where Fogel relatives are sitting Shiva for the five Israelis brutally murdered last week. [...]
Just as IDF Chief of Staff Benny Gantz arrived in Neve Tzuf to offer his condolences, a Palestinian cab raced towards the community's entrance. In it, soldiers and paramedics discovered a Palestinian woman in her 20s in advanced stages of labor and facing a life-threatening situation: The umbilical cord was wrapped around the young baby girl's neck, endangering both her and her mother.
The quick action of settler paramedics and IDF troops deployed in the area saved the mother's and baby's life, prompting great excitement and emotions at the site where residents are still mourning the brutal death of five local family members. [...]
Corporal Haim Levin, 19 (right), an IDF paramedic, was the first medical team member at the scene and recounted the dramatic situation he faced. "When I arrived, I saw a woman covered by a blanket in a yellow Palestinian van. I moved closer and saw the baby's head and upper body," he told Ynet. "The umbilical cord was around the baby's neck; the baby was grey and didn't move."
"I first removed the cord from the neck and at the same time asked paramedics to prepare the baby resuscitation kit. I pinched her to see if she's responding, and she started to cry," he said. Paramedics also treated the mother, who was in good condition at that point, Levin said.
So what "news" stories did HuffPost decide were more worthy of appearing on its front page, on March 18, instead of even giving brief mention to this story? Here's a sampling, from left:
- "Arianna And AOL CEO Tim Armstrong Teach Journalism Class At Brooklyn Middle School"
- "Billy Ray Cyrus Calls Off Divorce"
- "Top 6 Celebrity Pet Custody Battles"
- "Dog Guards Injured Friend In Japan"
(10) Several days later, HuffPost completely ignored reports of barrages of mortars and rockets that Hamas was firing at Jewish civilians over the Gaza border, and the injuries they were inflicting. Then, when Israel finally retaliated with targeted airstrikes, HuffPost posted at the top of its front page that Israel was attacking Gaza --- but mentioned nothing about Hamas's rockets, injuries and threats.
From the AP, HuffPost's #1 source of news:HuffPost completely ignored these stories.March 19: "Hamas fires dozens of mortars at Israel"From the Jerusalem Post --- which HuffPost uses as a source when it wants to:
Palestinian militants in Gaza fired more than 50 mortar shells into Israel on Saturday, the heaviest barrage in two years, Israeli officials said, raising the prospect of a new Mideast flareup. Also Saturday, Hamas police beat reporters and news photographers covering a rally in Gaza City, drawing a stiff condemnation from the reporters' association.March 19: "50 mortar shells fired into Israel, 2 injured"
Civilian areas in southern Israel were heavily shelled by Palestinian terrorists in Gaza on Saturday morning, when more than 50 mortars were fired at the regional councils of Sha'ar Hanegev, Eshkol and Sdot Hanegev. Two Israelis sustained light injuries by shrapnel and were transferred to Soroka Hospital in Beersheba. Hamas's armed wing, the Izzadin Kassam Brigades, claimed responsibility for a dozen of the mortars fired.
So what "news" stories did HuffPost decide were more worthy of appearing on its front page, on March 19, instead of even giving brief mention to this story? Here's a sampling, from HuffPost's front page:
- Obama's college basketball picks
- Celebrity (singer) gossip and trash-talk
- "Drug Bust Leads To Funniest Headline Of The Day"
- "19 Criminally Funny Police Blotters"
March 22 update: Now that Israel has finally responded to the three months of Hamas's shelling and rocket attacks, HuffPost rushes the story to the top of its front page, just under the lead story ---- but mentioned nothing about the cause of the attack in the headline.
Who could have seen this coming?
And as predicted, HuffPost is reviewing, approving and deciding to publish volley after volley of user comments containing anti-Israel and anti-Semitic hatred, propaganda and conspiracy theories, in reaction to this story and headline. Examples:
Previous instances we've documented of HuffPost completely ignored Hamas attacks on Israel, then positioned Israel on its front page as the aggressor --- just attacking Gaza out of the blue, without any provocation:
- HuffPost twists headline to incite hate against Israel, protect Hamas (again); predictable user hate-fest ensues; HuffPost: "Approved!!!"
If you share our view that HuffPost's actions in regards to this story are outrageous, and are opposed to its long, long history of inciting and tolerating anti-Semitic and anti-Israel hatred, we urge you to do three things:
(1) Make your voice known to HuffPost's senior management here.
(2) Consider writing or calling one or more of HuffPost's top advertisers, to let them know your thoughts on what their ad dollars are enabling. An easy way to approach this is to scan our easy-to-use directory and find one or two corporations that you are a customer of, or have stock in. Your concerns will automatically be given considerably more weight. Also, request a follow-up after they've had a chance to review the evidence; don't let them off the hook, or sweep this under the rug.
(3) Forward the link to this story along to others who support Israel and Jews